The Ulster Unionists have suspended Lord Laird from their West minister team.
It follows claims that he agreed to carry out parliamentary work for payment.
Undercover Sunday Times reporters filmed three peers who appear to offer to help a fake solar energy company. Wwhich is illegal for a member of Parliament in the UK to accept cash for bribes.
Lord Laird, Lord Cunningham and Lord Mackenzie of Framwellgate deny wrongdoing. BBC Panorama and the Daily Telegraph filmed Lord Laird discussing a retainer for parliamentary questions.
With many thanks to : BBC NEWS.
- PR professional Lord Laird is no stranger to controversy (irishtimes.com)
- Lord Laird resigns party whip (newsletter.co.uk)
- Lord Laird resigns UUP’s whip (bbc.co.uk)
- Ulster Unionist peer Lord Laird resigns whip over cash for access lobbying allegations (independent.co.uk)
- Lord Laird loses party whip. (politics.ie)
- Peer resigns whip over cash for access (thetimes.co.uk)
- Lord Laird relinquishes whip ‘pending investigation’ (itv.com)