Category Archives: WORTHWHILE CAUSES

Parades Commission refuses to reveiw decision on parade protest

THE Parades Commission has refused to reveiw a decision to allow 400 loyalists to protest in Belfast City Centre during an anti-internment parade this weekend.

10561814_1485796931664532_9094497835119820035_n

The march, which will involve up to 4,000 people and 12 bands, has been given permission to walk through the main shopping area on Sunday morning as it makes its way from North Belfast to the west of the city for a rally. Two loyalist groups, Loyal People’s Protest and the Shankill Residents’ Group, have both also been granted permission to hold counter-protests involving up to 200 people at each close to the junction of Garfield Street and Royal Avenue. Similar protests during an anti-internment parade last year resulted in serious violence when loyalists clashed with police. The Anti-Internment League, which is organising the march, had called on the Parades Commission to reconsider its decision to allow such a large number of loyalists into the city centre this year. The request came after the RUC/PSNI admitted it may not be able to enforce the commission’s determination or “guarantee the security of any person”. However, the Parades Commission last night turned down the review request. “The commission considered the grounds for review as stated in the request and was of the opinion that all substantive and material points had been fully considered by the commission prior to its original decisions and therefore concluded there was insufficent new information to trigger a review,” a spokeswoman said.

With many thanks to: Connla Young, The Irish News, for the origional story.

RUC/PSNI cannot guarantee marchesrs safety at Anti-Internment march on Sunday

Loyalists allowed to hold two seperate protests each with 200 postesters at anti-internment march

POLICE have admitted they may not be able to enforce a Parades Commission determination at an anti-internment parade this weekend – which last year resulted in serious loyalist rioting in Belfast City Centre last year.

10583895_675234979231653_720491080114394535_n

Up to 4,000 people and 12 bands are set to take part in the march this Sunday which has been organised by the Anti-Internment League. Police are expected to mount a major security operation in an effort to avoid a repeat of serious violence after loyalists blocked the route and clashed with officers, injuring more than 50 police officers last year. No major restrictions have been placed on the parade while two loyalist groups, Loyal People’s Protest and Shankill Residents’ Group have been given permission to hold protests involving 200 people at each. Both demonstrations are set to take place on a footpath close to Lower Garfield Street. Organisers have asked the Parades Commission to review the permission for the protests after the RUC/PSNI said it could not give an “unconditional undertaking” to uphold its determinition or “guarantee the safety” of those taking part. Referring to last year’s injuries to RUC/PSNI officers Chief Superintendent Nigel Grimshaw told organisers “it was not possible to proceed the entirety of the notified route”. “It is therefore not possible to give an unconditional undertaking that the Parades Commission determination will be upheld but please rest assured that we will do our utmost to ensure that this is the case,” he wrote in a letter to the organiser’s solicitor Michael Brentnall. 10441926_295982950578831_3116301160801281417_nIn previous correspondence the senior officer said that police will “put in place a significant policing opertion in order to seek to protect all of those involved in the parade”, but admits “it is not possible to guarantee the security of any person.” The parade will travel from Ardoyne in North Belfast along Royal Avenue before making its way to West Belfast where a rally will be held. Parade organiser Dee Fennell, said that organisers believe the loyalist protest should be scaled back. “We feel it’s disproportionate,” he said. “People have the right to protest but we think the numbers are too big.” The spokesman contrasted the number of nationalist protesters allowed to stand outside nearby St Patrick’s Church during controversial loyal order parades. “Protests at St Patrick’s and Carrick Hill are being limited to 20, 30 and 50 protesters,” he said. Mr Fennell warned the Parades Commission they could be setting a “dangerous precedent” by allowing loyalists to gather in the city centre and said it was not “beyond the realms of possibilty” that republicans would hold counter protests during next year’s July 12 parades at the bottom of Castle Street. Solicitor Michael Brentnall, from Robert Murtagh and Co, said the reveiw request was lodged “in light of fresh information”. He said the reveiew centres on the commission’s “obligations in regard to human rights legislation, the duty of care owed to participants in the march, and the possible circumvenion of the determination by proxy through the use of violence, as occurred last year”. A spokesman for the Parades Commission confirmed they have received a reveiw requests and will consider it.

With many thanks to: Connla Young, The Irish News, for the orgional story.

Can you help my son Ashton he suffers from a very rare condition called Paroxysmal Extreme Pain disorder?

HELLO my Facebook world my son Ashton and I need your help please!!!!

10404198_10204176916770996_7068117755715225485_n

Ashton suffers from a very rare condition called Paroxysmal Extreme Pain disorder. I am desperately searching or anybody who knows anybody with the same condition. It is my personal mission to help find this little guy a cure but I can’t do it alone! Please share on your pages so hopefully I can find other’s to help me learn more and open a foundation to help fund the research. Thanks so much Amanda and Ashton xxxx

 

I can be contacted through my Facebook page please follow the link below:

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204176916770996&id=1468851951&set=a.2909044933065.2153117.1468851951&source=48&ref=bookmark

 

Below is a link to the medical condition:

http://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fghr.nlm.nih.gov%2Fcondition%2Fparoxysmal-extreme-pain-disorder&h=lAQE3x6o2&s=1

With many thanks to: Amanda Kenny.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: For all concerned citizens- Two causes need immediate assistence tommorrow, both relate to the banks….

Meath Anti-eviction Ireland

IMPORTANT NOTICE: For all concerned citizens – Two causes need immediate assistance tomorrow, both relate to the banks….

1. Margaret Hanrahan requires assistance on her farm. In particular she needs people with the materials and wherewithal to barricade her farm against the receivers. Her contact details are available on earlier posts.

2. At 3pm in the Clubhouse in Kilkenny there is an auction of repossessed farms. Gerry Beads and many others will be there to prevent it, similar to the Alsops auction actions. Assistance and as many bodies as possible is needed for this.

If you can’t make it to either, do the next best thing, spend 10 minutes sharing this post around the FaceBook network, let’s make things happen….

Follow the link below for more information:

SMASH SHAME FEIN’S STRANGLEHOLD VOTE INDEPENDENT REPUBLICAN

DEE FENNELL

Your Independent

Republican Candidate

1525754_3779947233866_385161466_n

End State Neglect in Portlaoise – Free Aiden Hulme!

1170741_507803382641481_551131294_n

 

 

 

Michilín Mhíc Fheargail

Derry Sceal

Got this through Michilín Mhíc Fheargail: Aidan Hulme has been transferred to the hospital over the last few days, his foot and hand had swollen to great length we think he has caught septicemia as currently on medication through IV’s……His health is deteriorating daily and he should not be returned back to Portlaoise!!

——————————-

Disgraceful conditions this man is being allowed to exist in .. Portlaoise neglect is nothing new and Aiden should be freed immediately.. —  with Michilín Mhíc Fheargail

End State Neglect in Portlaoise – Free Aiden Hulme!

Fears grow for Dungannon woman missing in Ibiza – Tyrone News – Tyrone Times

Fears grow for Dungannon woman missing in Ibiza – Tyrone News – Tyrone Times.

Facebook/1MillonVoicesForIrishUnity

Facebook/1MillionVoicesForIrishUnity

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=150708778410938&id=149937488488067&set=a.150708771744272.34408.149937488488067&__user=100002093504519

1044315_213809222100893_386335454_n

REPATRIATE MICHAEL CAMPBELL

485639_449198368502710_135142765_n

Bring him home

556787_440129582666625_1759900410_n

MADELEINE McCANN DISAPPEARED 3 MAY 2007

465209_155616004612038_242411889_o

LOUS Personalised PICS

TOMORROW IT WILL BE 6 YEARS SINCE LITTLE MADELEINE MCCANN DISAPPEARED! PLEASE PASS THIS PIC AROUND… FACEBOOK CAN BE A POWERFUL TOOL, OFTEN NOT IN A GOOD WAY! I SEE VILE PICS & VIDEOS BEING SHARED AROUND ALL THE TIME! WHY NOT CONTRIBUTE TO A WORTHWHILE CAUSE! IMAGINE IF IT WAS YOUR CHILD! BECAUSE IF SHE WERE MINE, I WOULD NOT GIVE UP UNTIL SHE WAS FOUND! THE YEARS HAVE PASSED & WITH EVERY YEAR THAT PASSES YOU CAN’T HELP BUT THINK THAT SHE MAY NOT BE ALIVE, BUT WHILE THERE’S EVEN A TINY CHANCE THAT SHE’S OUT THERE SOMEWHERE………. DON’T GIVE UP IN THE SEARCH FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL LITTLE GIRL THAT HAS CAPTURED THE HEARTS OF PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD!! HELP FIND MADDIE….

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 4,574 other followers

%d bloggers like this: