Cavan businessman Roger O’Grady charged with conspiracy to import cocaine https://www.sundayworld.com/crime/courts/cavan-businessman-roger-ogrady-charged-with-conspiracy-to-import-cocaine-40636589.html
Category: Drug Dealers ‘Not Welcome’ in our community
Republican group AAD says it was behind gun and bomb attacks
“There is only one police force or service in the north and that’s the PSNI” Dolores Kelly
REPUBLICAN group Action Against Drugs has claimed responsibility for seven gun and bomb attacks carried out across Belfast this week.
In a statement the paramilitary group also threatened to shoot several people it claims are drug dealers. The group says it fired a shot at a house in Laurelbank, Poleglass, on Wednesday, and left several pipe bombs at various addresses across the city. It claims it left pipe bombs at properties Victoria Parade and Lepper Street in the New Lodge area of North Belfast. It also claims to have left a similar devices at Lavinia Gardens and at another address nearby in the Ormeau Road area of South Belfast.
The PSNI/RUC later said that the British army bomb squad attended the alerts and that all four were declared hoaxes. The group also claims that two unexploded pipe bombs had been left in the Whiterock area of West Belfast and Ludlow Square district of the New Lodge. It also claims to have left a blast incendiary device at a car in Ludlow Square in the New Lodge, which they say ignited on Wednesday, while a similar device attached to a vehicle at Shaftesbury Square in the Ormeau Road area of South Belfast also went off.
The group said it launched an attack in the Mount Eagles area of Lagmore last year as well as at a house at Spamount Street in the New Lodge several months ago. Using a recognised codeword. AAD said it will shoot drug dealers. “This is the only warning they are getting.” it said. Policing Board member Dolores Kelly said: “There is only one police force or service in the north and that’s the PSNI.” She said. “If anyone has concerns about criminal activity they should make that known to the lawful authority. “The nature of these alleged attacks by self-styled judge, jury and executioner have shown a disregard for people in the community living in close proximity of these devices.”
With many thanks to: The Irish News and Connla Young for the original story.
Follow theselinks to find out more: https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/pictured-action-against-drugs-thugs-pose-in-front-of-menacing-graffiti-in-new-lodge-38413850.html
30 in the North of Ireland face court for drug dealing
North of Ireland charges part of Europe-wide investigation of encrypted phone network
UP TO 30 people in the North of Ireland face prosecution in connection with a Europe-wide investigation into organised drug dealing.
The developing scale of the offensive against suspected crime networks using encrypted communications emerged as a 55-year-old Belfast man faced allegations of involvement in high-value cocaine and cannabis trading. Eamon Cullen was arrested after searches at his Upper Lisburn Road home on Monday. He appeared before Belfast Magistrates Court charged with being concerned in the supply of class-A and B drugs. Mr Cullen is further accused of possessing, transferring and entering an arrangement to acquire criminal property between March and June. The case relates to raids carried out as part of the National Crime agency-led Operation Venetic.
Robin Steer, prosecuting, said inquiries began when French authorities accessed data and messages from encrypted phone handsets costing up to £1,500 each. “At the minute there are about 20-30 people going through the courts [in the North of Ireland],” he said. Mr Steer said messages show Mr Cullen arranged a meeting with someone at a garage near his home. The communications allegedly link the defendant to large amounts of cash and drugs, with references to a “bill of £330,000” for one consignment and other slang terms for cocaine and cannabis.
Philip Breen, defending, said his client would not flee if released. He said Mr Cullen was out at work when police searched his house but honoured an arrangement to call at a PSNI/RUC station on Tuesday. “There’s no reason to think he’s not going to turn up for trial,” Mr Breen said. Bail was granted on condition that Mr Cullen provides a £5,000 surety, surrenders any passports and abides by a curfew. District Judge Fiona Bagnall banned him from using a mobile or accessing the internet. Mr Cullen is due to appear back in court in four weeks.
With many thanks to: The Irish News for the original story
Follow this link to find out more: https://www.pressreader.com/uk/belfast-telegraph/20200813/281595242888961
Man due in court following seizure of €115,900 worth of suspected cannabis
TWO men have been arrested after Gardaí found three million euro worth of heroin in Dublin. The men – aged 31 and 41 – have been detained at Blanchardstown Gardaí station following the discovery. During the course of the operation, 22kg of suspected heroin, with an estimated street value of €3 million (£2.7m) was seized in the Dublin 15 area.
Well-known figures in Irish soccer arrested over €3m heroin haul
Men being questioned under drug-trafficking laws about 22kg seizure in Blanchardstown
One of the men has a conviction for a firearms offence involving a replica gun and is also a suspect in a conspiracy that resulted in the shooting of Dubliner Robert Delaney in 2008 .
Mr Delaney has been in a permanent vegetative state in hospital since the shooting almost 12 years ago. He was working as a postman when targeted over intervening in a row outside a pub,
The suspects were arrested following a joint operation between the Garda National Drugs and Organised Crime Bureau (GNDOCB) and Revenue’s Custom Service led to the multimillion euro narcotics seizure.
Gardaí believe the drugs had recently entered the country. The haul was monitored, leading to the arrest of the two suspects – aged 40s and 30s – in the Dublin 15 area.
Det Chief Supt Angela Willis, head of GNDOCB, said the operation had “resulted in the seizure of a significant quantity of heroin from circulation within communities that are suffering the consequences of drug trafficking”.
In 2008 father-of-two Robert Delaney intervened in a dispute outside a Dublin pub. One of the men he challenged is the older suspect who is in custody over the heroin find. That man has links to people previously in the Provisional IRA.
Over a period of months after the incident outside the Dublin pub Mr Delaney was followed, intimidated and in October of that year was shot at his home in Tallaght. When a caller rang the bell to his apartment Mr Delaney looked over the balcony to see who it was and was met with a shotgun blast to the face.
‘No hope of recovery’
He suffered catastrophic injuries and has no hope of recovery.
The gunman who attempted to murder him, Daniel Gaynor from Dublin, carried out shootings for money. Gardaí believe he was paid €10,000 to shoot Mr Delaney.
Gaynor was shot dead in Finglas, north Dublin, in August 2010. Several crime gangs co-operated to kill him because he had worked as a killer for the Real IRA.
Detectives believe the older man now in custody conspired with an older close associate previously involved with the Provisional IRA, and other men, to shoot Mr Delaney in revenge for his 2008 pub-row intervention.
The man was arrested by gardaí investigating the attack on Mr Delaney, but was released without charge.
Watch “The Problem With Robbie Lawlor (A Dublin Story) Full Life Documentary (Scarcity Studios)” on YouTube
BAND’S UFF SHIRTS FUEL FEUD
FEARS MOUNT THAT ALL-OUT WAR IS ABOUT TO ERUPT BETWEEN TERROR GROUP’S NORTH ANTRIM FACTIONS AFTER SPATE OF VIOLENT INCIDENTS
POLICE are on high alert as a bitter UDA internal feud looks set to explode.
Follow this link to find out more: https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3248597448553340&id=100002093504519&set=a.439170419496071&source=48
Last week the PSNI/RUC dealt with two separate security alerts after fears two rival North Antrim factions were set to go head-to-head with guns and explosives.
On Sunday, a Ballymoney hotel was targeted in a hoax bomb call while punters, including families, were packed inside. Police claimed to have received “low-grade intelligence” that a device had been left on the premises, but within a short space of time determined the tip-off to be false. Two days later, a small pub in the nearby village of Dervock was the subject of a major police operation over false claims that terror weapons and bombs were being stored inside. A number of loyalists have also been formally warned by police that their lives are in danger. There are now genuine fears the simmering feud is about to turn bloody. Tensions peaked after one of the village’s bands, Dervock Young Defenders (DYD), officially aligned itself with West Belfast UDA for the first time.
On Monday, July 13th, DYD Flute Band took to the streets for the Twelfth celebrations wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the notorious West Belfast UFF paramilitary badge. The band marched through Ballymoney – a town aligned with North Antrim UDA – led by a man carrying a sinister UFF flag – a loyalist killing machine responsible for countless sectarian murders. Pictures and videos of the terror display – which was in blatant breach of the Terrorism Act – were posted on social media. The militant message angered North Antrim bosses who saw it as the biggest sign yet that Shankill UDA bosses are still making moves to muscle in on their turf.
Last month the Sunday World revealed how the UDA brigade in Ballymoney – whose members have previously maimed and murdered drug dealers – believe its Belfast HQ want to put narco teams onto the streets in North Antrim. The Shankill goons are on a money-making mission after expanding their drug supply network to satellite areas outside of its West Belfast stronghold. Tigers Bay, Newtownards and even parts of Bangor have been overtaken by the ‘D’ Company paramafia pushers who have set their sights on “unspoilt” areas within North Antrim.
Ballymoney, Bushmills and surrounding rural areas have remained relatively drug dealer free over the last eight years, with loyalists attacking – and even killing – those suspected of being involved in the trade. Recent Paramilitary Crime Task Force (PCTF) operations against West Belfast UDA have put a huge dent in the Shankill unit’s pockets. The constant raids have forced the loyalist drug gang’s new boss to eye up areas outside of its usual criminal network. Sources within the Dervock area say they fear the tiny village is now in the frame to be used as a potential “satellite” base which would give the gang access to a “gold coast” for death pushers. “The very fact that one of our own bands is openly supporting the Shankill has worried everyone in the area,” one resident told the Sunday World. “We don’t want a drug dealing gang having any influence in this area.” Last week a local newspaper reported how a collective of voluntary and statutory agencies in the Co Antrim village had come together to combat “organised crime and drug dealing/substance misuse”.
One of those, Dervock and District Community Association, said in a statement it had been forced to make a “public announcement” on the levels of “illegal and prescription drugs” within the area. “These are being pumped into the village from outside sources within North Antrim,” the statement in the Ballymoney Chronicle said. “This issue is not going away unless we show a united front and isolate these individuals and report all drug related and other illegal activities to the authorities. “These ‘Peddlers’ masquerading as ‘activists’ are deliberately preying on the most vulnerable individuals in our society. “Over the last month there have been several families within the village that have had children and parents split by statutory agencies – due to alcohol and substance abuse.” The statement then listed off a number of agencies, organisations and groups which it said supported its call.
A Co Antrim Orange lodge was also included in the statement, as well as a local primary school. Also named was Dervock Young Defenders Flute Band, which just the week before openly supported West Belfast UDA – a faction targeted regularly by the PSNI/RUC over its drug dealing activities. Sources say the inclusion of the band following its public support of the criminal paramilitary gang “made a mockery” of the message. It led to senior staff of the school named contacting community reps and demanding that no future reference to the primary be made alongside anyone associating itself with a terror group.
A well-placed source said: “Of course the school and its staff support the fight against drugs, but it will not be aligned with anyone who supports a terror organisation, especially one that is known to deal in drugs. “To be honest, people in the area are confused at how members of a band, who openly endorse the Shankill, could be taken seriously in any anti-drugs message.” The Sunday World contacted a representative of Dervock and District Community Association over the concerns raised. The spokesman declined to comment. DYD Flute Band was also contacted for comment over its Twelfth endorsement of the Shankill UFF. No one responded to our query. The Grand Orange Lodge of Ireland was also contacted, but did not respond to requests for comment. The PSNI/RUC confirmed it carried out a search at licensed premises in the Dervock area on Tuesday, July 21st. “Nothing was found,” the spokesperson confirmed. They added: “A search was also carried out at another licensed premises in Ballymoney on July 19th and nothing was found.”
With many thanks to the: Sunday World and Patricia Devlin for the EXCLUSIVE original story –firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow this link to find out more about Dervock Young Defenders: https://news.causewaycoastcommunity.co.uk/local-news/dervock-young-defenders-banned-from-attending-parade-in-rasharkin/
Robbie Lawlor suspect fears he’s next on kill list
Gangland pals of slain hitman out for blood
Adrian ‘Aidy’ Holland has been warned that pals of notorious Dublin hitman Robbie Lawlor, who was shot dead outside the north Belfast man’s home in April, are gunning for him.
The same gang carried out the revenge murder of Crossan at his mother’s home in the west of the city last weekend.
Shot Crossan’s pal flees to Spain in fear he’s next
A CLOSE criminal cohort of murder drug dealer Warren Crossan has fled Ireland. The Sunday World understands Adrian ‘Aidy’ Holland (pictured above) who is in his late twenties, left the country on Saturday night July 4th 2020. Fearing he will be the next target of the Dublin-based crime gang who murdered Crossan last Saturday morning. Crossan was shot dead in the St James’s area of West Belfast as he visited his mother. He was shot six times in the face by two gunmen who were acting in revenge for his involvement in the murder of Robbie Lawlor who was gunned down outside Adrian Holland’s home in Etna Drive in Ardoyne in April. Crossan lured the Dublin-based hitman to his death on the promise of collecting a car. On Saturday night Mr Holland fled the country fearing it was only a matter of time before he would suffer the same fate. The Sunday World understands he has fled to Spain where he has other criminal associates. We can also reveal that Crossan’s dissident criminal gang are not planning any form of retaliation, terrified of the capabilities of Lawlor’s gang who are hell-bent on revenge for his murder.
“Deep down Warren knew it was coming, he should have known that he would pay for what he did. In that world you don’t walk away without punishment. We all knew it was only a matter of time before he was taken out by the boys in Dublin,,” said one associate.
Crossan was facing trial in connection with a plot to smuggle £180,000 worth of cocaine across the border, concealed inside the door panels of a van stopped on the A1 at Sprucefield in November last year.
Gardaí appeals to Derry people for help in catching murderes
THE Gardaí investigating the 2012 murder of Andrew Allen has made a direct appeal to the people of Derry to help him catch the killers.
THE Garda officer investigating the 2012 murder of Andrew Allen has made a direct appeal to the people of Derry to help him catch the killers.
Mr Allen (24) was shot dead on the night of February 9 2012 at the home of his partner in the outskirts of Buncrana, Co Donegal. A father-of-two, the victim was originally from the Waterside area but moved to Donegal after he became the subject of threats in his home city.
Responsibility for his murder was subsequently claimed by dissident republican vigilante group, Republican Action Against Drugs (RAAD). That group later merged with the then Real IRA to form the New IRA, one of the main dissident republican paramilitary organisations. A claim by RAAD that Mr Allen was a drug dealer has been denied by both the dead man’s family and by Gardaí.
Mr Allen was shot through a door of the house at Links View Park in Buncrana and died at the scene despite his partner’s desperate efforts to save his life. It is believed three gunmen were involved in his murder.
In an appeal marking the eighth anniversary of the murder, Garda officer Detective Inspector Pat O’Donnell said officers believed they know who killed Mr Allen.
Mr O’Donnell said the organisation behind the murder was the same organisation that was responsible for the killing in Derry in April last year of journalist Lyra McKee.
The senior Garda officer said: “The people who murdered Andrew Allen are from Derry city and it’s the people of Derry city I’m appealing to directly this morning to assist with the investigation because it’s the people who hold the key to solving this murder.”
With many thanks to the: Irish News and Seamus McKinney
Follow these links to find out more: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Andrew_Allen
You must be logged in to post a comment.