Loyalist wrapped in Union Jacks erected an Orange Arch in the centre of Glengormley assisted by the PSNI/RUC, the road in this so called shared space was blocked by a Armoured Jeep as a Crane lifted the Arch into place. This leaves the question was there planning permission sought and given for this action, or was this an illegal act? The new chairman of the local council is Councillor Gerry O’Reilly of Sinn Fein, maybe he should explain how this blatant Sectarian act can happen in shared space in the “City of Equals in an Island of Equals”.
- Loyalists Heckle Sinn Fein Chiefs As Psni Chief Constable Attends Europa Hotel Conference (belfastdaily.co.uk)
- Loyalist protestors gather as Matt Baggott attends Sinn Fein conference (newsletter.co.uk)
- The Cover-up (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Sinn Fein Member to Stand Trial Over Ira Hyde Park Bomb Murders (belfastdaily.co.uk)
- DUP set to withdraw from park ‘shared space’ project (newsletter.co.uk)
- Stalled UDR ceremony go-ahead sparks row (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)