Robert Hamill, a Catholic was beaten to death on 27 April 1997 in Portadown, Co Armagh by a sectarian loyalist mob. He and his friends were attacked in full view of the police. Four RUC officers sat in a Land Rover 20ft away while the occured. They were wearing body armour, were armed with pistols, plastic bullets, CS gas and a semi-automatic rifle. The four officers did not intervene during the attack they did nothing. Indeed, after the attack, they did not administer first aid to the grievously wounded Robert Hamill. They did not declare a crime scene. They did not collect forensic evidence. They did not take witness statements from those present during the attack, despite the attackers themselves remaining on the scene for nearly an hour afterwards. No arrests were made for nearly two weeks, even though some of the suspects were known to the RUC. As of 2013 no-one has been convicted of his murder.
Link to the Irish Brigade singing Freedom Walk
Type “Portadown fight” and watch wat was uploaded to YouTube. I was no further than 100 yards from where Robert was beaten. The police where at top of the street.. 32 loyalists attaclkin 4 men for nothing with bottles and knives. No one ever charged despite naming most involved and having a knife rammed through my neck! Ombudsman never really made a decision.. Corruption written all over it. Sadly this has been happening for a looong time
Posted on behalf of : The Irish Brigade.
- Police Said I Was Lucky to Be Alive (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Officers to Give Evidence on Psni/ruc ‘Bid to Sabotage Appeal’ ! (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Smash Internment Free Marian Price (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- ON 15th JULY I WAS ARRESTED BY THE PSNI/RUC DURING AN EARLY MORNING RAID ON MY HOME (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Family Viciously Assaulted by Psni/ruc – Cs Gas Deployed (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)