Dissident republicans ‘have remote detonation capability’
A 600lb device found on the outskirts of Newry a week and a half ago could have been set off by someone in the area with a transmitter, according to reports.
Mr Harris added that it was designed to kill and was to be detonated with a remote transmitter.
“Anyone close to that bomb, had it exploded, would not have survived,” Mr Harris stated.
WITH MANY THANKS TO : THE BELFASTELEGRAPH.
- Dissident republicans ‘have remote detonation capability’ (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Republican dissident suspects held (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Four dissident suspects held (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Police blame dissidents for huge van bomb – Scotsman (scotsman.com)
- Republican dissidents blamed for planting bombs in Northern Ireland – The Guardian (guardian.co.uk)
Posted on May 12, 2012, in EXPOSING THE TRUTH IN ULSTER and tagged Chief Constable, Citroën, Citroën Berlingo, Dissident republican, Newry, Northern Ireland, Police Service of Northern Ireland, Politics. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.