RUC CLUB CHAIRMAN UNDER FIRE IN NAME ROW !
THE Assistant Chief Constable who heads up the RUC Athletic Association is facing calls to step down from his job as chairman of the organisation.It comes after his controversial proposal to change the name of the association was dropped yesterday at an extraordinary general meeting of the RUC AA headquarters at the Newforge Country Club.
ACC Will Kerr – the current chairman of the sports club – has come under fire during the last two weeks after he wrote a letter to members proposing the organisation change it’s name to the Police Athletic Associstion Northern Ireland. Since then he has been accused of trying to ” airbrush ” the RUC out of Policing and Northern Ireland history. He provoked a furious backlash from former RUC officers. The criticism of the proposal went to the highest levels, with First Minister Peter Robinson speaking out earlier this week to reject ACC Kerr’s claims that future government funding was dependent on the dropping of the RUC title.
- RUC Athletics Association: it hasn’t gone away you know (sluggerotoole.com)
- You say RUC AA, I say Police Athletic Association Northern Ireland (or else!) (sluggerotoole.com)
- RUC officer refuses to tell tribunal whether Scappaticci is ‘Stakeknife’ (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Pursuit of terrorists is ‘like a tiger hunt’, said British general (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- The Siege of New Forge: Unionism’s latest pyrrhic triumph. (sluggerotoole.com)
Posted on March 27, 2012, in EXPOSING THE TRUTH IN ULSTER and tagged Assistant Chief Constable, current-events, Northern Ireland, northern ireland history, Peter Robinson, Police, Politics, Royal Ulster Constabulary, RUC, RUC AA, Sports, Will Kerr. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.