The march was due to take place this Saturday.
William Frazer of Families Acting for Innocent Relatives (Fair) said the march had been postponed in light of two recent bereavements and at the request of the Kingsmills families.
“The decision was taken in the interests of community relations,” he said.
“I know that this decision was difficult and indeed, painful for many, however, it is a huge gesture of goodwill and I wish to commend the organisers and the Kingsmills families in taking this step,” he added.
“The decision not to march on Saturday does not in any way take away from the need to obtain clear answers as to who carried out the massacre at Kingsmills.
“The recent report which was undertaken by the Historical Enquiries Team highlighted the need for many questions still to be answered.
“Only by discovering the truth will closure and healing be brought to the families who lost loved ones in this horrific tragedy.”
Mr Frazer said the march would “still take place at a later date”.
The Parades Commission had placed restrictions on the march which was to go through the village of Whitecross.
One of the organisers of the march, Pastor Barry Halliday, who had helped Fair plan the parade, last week claimed that he had been threatened.
WITH MANY THANKS TO : BBC NEWS NI.
- Kingsmills pastor ‘is threatened’ 16 FEBRUARY 2012, NORTHERN IRELAND
- Paterson rejects Kingsmills plea 18 JULY 2011, NORTHERN IRELAND
- IRA ‘responsible for Kingsmills’ 16 JUNE 2011, NORTHERN IRELAND
- Kingsmills families inquiry call 21 JUNE 2011, NORTHERN IRELAND
- 1976: Ten dead in Northern Ireland ambush 21 NOVEMBER 2002, 5