Category Archives: A PICTURE SPEAKS A THOUSAND WORDS
Wake Up Baile Féitheáin
In Europe, there were widespread protests after Sands’ death. Five thousand Milanese students burned the Union Flag and shouted ‘freedom for Ulster‘ during a march. The British Consulate at Ghent was raided. Thousands marched in Paris behind huge portraits of Sands, to chants of ‘the IRA will conquer’.
- The Milk Snatcher. (rhiannalyse.wordpress.com)
- Thatcher Street or Bobby Sands Street ? Paris Politicians Divided ! (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Man convicted after telling foreigner, ‘Bobby Sands did not die for the blacks’ (irishcentral.com)
- Revealed: Paris Councillors Divided Over Bobby Sands Street or Thatcher Street Names (belfastdaily.co.uk)
- ‘West Cork rebels and Bobby Sands didn’t fight for the blacks. (politics.ie)
- From Gandhi to Bobby Sands: Hunger strikers through history (usnews.nbcnews.com)
- Irish Connection Charity Night Featuring Gary Og & the Exiles plus Fianna (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- On the 21st May, 1981, Patsy O’Hara (Peatsaí Ó hEadhra) died on the 61st day of his Hunger Strike. R.I.P. (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- How does Irish inheritance work? (ask.metafilter.com)
- The Soloheadbeg Ambush – 21 January, 1919 (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Seven Signatories (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
POSTED ON BEHALF OF : IRISH PC BRIGADE .
- Masonic murals return to the Cox Building in Kentucky (seeker401.wordpress.com)
- New Fathead Disney Murals Review & Giveaway (2wired2tired.com)
- The Awesome Murals At the Sesame Workshop Offices (neatorama.com)
- Amazing marker-drawn murals by Charlotte Mann (16 Photos) (thechive.com)
- Day 118 photo- murals (kaysbirdclub.wordpress.com)
The horror in Syria grows. Yesterday, it was reported that thirteen children were killed in an attack on the rebel-controlled town of Houma in the central province of Homs. On Saturday, United Nations officials confirmed that at least 32 children under 10 years old had been killed. Amateur video footage shows rows of children — some toddler age if not younger — with what looks like bullet holes in their temples.
The UN specifically cited the Syrian government as to blame for an “appalling and brutal crime involving indiscriminate and disproportionate use of force” that is a “flagrant violation of international law and of the commitments of the Syrian government to cease the use of heavy weapons in population centers and violence in all its forms.”
Ban Ki-moon, the UN Secretary-General, and Kofi Annan, special envoy to the UN and the Arab League, issued a joint statement condemning the attack which the New York Times says “appeared among the worst episodes of carnage since the uprising began 15 months ago.” UN observers visited Houma and confirmed that “artillery and tank shells were fired at a residential neighborhood.” The UN called for the Syrian government to immediately cease the use of heavy weapons in population centers and for all sides to end the violence
Ahmad Fawzi, Annan’s spokesman, put the death toll at around 100 including a total of 50 children and UN observers said more than 300 had been wounded. As the New York Times commented, the UN statement “stopped short of accusing the government of responsibility for the entire toll.”
The Syrian government said that “terrorists” — the same term it has used throughout the 15-month uprising in regard to the violence — had caused the mass slaughter. The rebel Free Syrian Army (FSA) declared that it would no longer be committed to the UN truce which it said has prolonged the crisis and “merely [bought] time for the government to kill civilians and destroy cities and villages.”
The White House described the brutal killings as a “vile testament to an illegitimate regime that responds to peaceful political protest with unspeakable and inhuman brutality.” The massacre has brought even more into question how effective, or rather ineffective, the truce and the presence of the 271 UN monitors are. As Fadi, a 25-year-old protester in Qaddam, a southern district of Damascus, said to the
The regime kills thousands of Syrian citizens, and Annan’s monitors are watching and writing the number of killed people as if they were game scores.
POSTED ON BEHALF OF : Northern Irish Is Not A Proper Nationality.
UK Citizens Reject “British” Label
Responses from more than 16,500 people showed that of the four countries of the UK only residents of England were the most likely to call themselves British when they were asked to “plant a flag” where they lived, with a large majority of Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish residents rejecting that label.
Overwhelmingly, they instead chose to identify themselves with their home nation: compared with 6,594 who said they were British, 2,874 said they were Scottish, 2,386 chose English, 1,355 Welsh, 895 Irish, with only 129 choosing Northern Irish.
- UK Citizens Reject “British” Label (survivalblogs.com)
- What is The Difference Between English and British? (socyberty.com)
- APNewsbreak: 5 Irish dissidents charged (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Five Irish Dissidents Charged with Terrorism (time.com)
- Northern Irish name checked at Scottish Conference (libdemsni.wordpress.com)
An interesting story. Makes sense. Another grass-roots nail in the “New World Order” coffin.
POSTED ON BEHALF OF: THE IRISH P.C. BRIGADE !
- Study: 2000 Convicted Then Exonerated – TIME (time.com)
- Suicide bomber kills dozens of soldiers in Yemen – Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)
- Cory Booker walks back Obama criticism – USA TODAY (content.usatoday.com)
- Arrests and allegations of brutality between Chicago police, protesters – CNN (cnn.com)
Sinn Féin Assembly Member for Newry Armagh Cathal Boylan has lambasted those responsible for the erection on an SAS emblazoned flag at Loughgall recently.
“Local people living in the vicinity of Loughgall contacted me following sightings of this flag, which is believed to have been erected on 8th May, to express their shock and revulsion at the impliedmessage on the flag.
“As you will note from the photographs the flag has the words SAS 9-0 and what appears to be the SAS insignia. This flag has caused great offence and distress to the families of nine men killed in a most vicious manner by the SAS in Loughgall on May 8th 1987.
“On learning about this flag I immediately contacted the PSNI to request that they make investigations to have the flag removed. I am satisfied to say that this appears to have happened and this flag, which no doubt aimed to offend and to intimidate the local people, is no longer flying.”
- Shoot-to-kill” inquest opens after 22 years of lies (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Sas Killed Ira Duo ” As They Lay Injured ” ! (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- SAS shooting of IRA man justified (bbc.co.uk)
- Wee Willie ” Sorry” for Outburst After a Tricolour Makes Him See Red ! (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- International Support for PALESTINIAN HUNGER STRIKERS Continues (windowintopalestine.blogspot.com)