KELLY’S LAND ROVER RIDE SEEN AS MODEL BEHAVIOUR !
‘A couple of politicians…. have already dropped me messages saying they think it’s class - Gareth Hutchinson.
SINN Fein MLA Gerry Kelly‘s run in with a police Land Rover has been recreated as a collectable miniature model. Model Shop Belfast made the inch-tall model after the North Belfast assembly member was filmed clinging to the front of a PSNI vehicle at Friday’s loyalist Tour of the North parade.
The store has since received dozens of orders after posting a picture of the ‘Gerry Kelly special edition’ model on Facebook. Manager Gareth Hutchinson said several politicians have contacted the shop to congratulate him on recreating the incident in miniaturised form. “It was literally put up on Facebook as a bit of a laugh and not expecting any response at all. But it has went through the roof. The response has been fantastic,” the 34-year-old said. Mr Hutchinson, from Belfast, spent most of Sunday creating the model after seeing news reports of the Tour of the North parade.
He painted a plastic Hornsby figure – the size of a five pence piece – to match North Belfast MLA Mr Kelly’s clothing. He then attached it to the front of a white-metal model of a Penman police vehicle, normally sold as a construction kit at around £20. Model Shop Belfast, based at Boucher Retail Park, sells a range of models of police vehicles used in the north. Mr Hutchinson posted a picture of the model with Mr Kelly on Facebook on Monday evening where it was veiwed by more than 40,000 internent useers. “It was a bit of a joke but last night there were lots of orders for the Land Rovers themselves and people were attaching emails asking for the figures,” he said. “A couple of politicians who will remain nameless have already dropped me messages saying they think it’s class.
- Minister hurt by police vehicle (standard.co.uk)
- Sinn Féin describe PSNI as ‘reckless’ after a minister was injured following Belfast parade (irishcentral.com)
- Minister Hurt As Police Land Rover Drags Kelly (seachranaidhe1.wordpress.com)
- Police pledge to investigate Gerry Kelly footage (newsletter.co.uk)
- Carál Ní Chuilín Injured by PSNI land rover after confrontation in North Belfast (politics.ie)
- Unionists call for probe into Gerry Kelly police footage (newsletter.co.uk)
- Video: Sinn Fein release footage of incident between Gerry Kelly and the PSNI landrover (newsletter.co.uk)
- Ombudsman called in after Sinn Féin minister hurt by police car in Belfast (realnewsnow.com)
Posted on June 26, 2013, in ARE YOU HAVING A LAUGH ? and tagged Belfast, Brendan Hughes, Carrickhill, Facebook, Gerry Kelly, Kelly, Land Rover, Member of the Legislative Assembly, North Belfast, Police Service of Northern Ireland, Sinn Féin, Twelfth. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.